Friday, June 27, 2008

Lesson 4

Today we will write like Jan Brett! When you are finished with your first draft and it meets the rubric expectation you will be able to publish your writing on Microsoft Word.




1. Start with the Rationale.
2. “Let’s start with ‘Think, Pair, Share’ to brainstorm what we will write about for Jan Brett’s new book. First, I would like you to think about what your story is going to be about, then you will share your idea with your partner and then with the class.”
3. I will give the students plenty of think time and then we will share our ideas.
4. “We will now get ready to write. If you think you are finished with your writing bring it to me and we will check it together.”
5. Students will get pencils, colored pencils and begin to write their stories.
6. When students are finished I will check their work with the rubric and then start them on publishing their work.

7. “Tomorrow you will have a chance to finish writing and begin to publish your work.”

No comments: