Monday, June 23, 2008

Technology Autobiography

Timeline of Technology:


* I was born on May, 31st, 1982

* When I was little I used to play "bank account" with my sister Lora. We loved to pretend that we were typing on our computers and answering phones :)

* I got my first cd when I was about 12 years old "Go West, Young Man" by Michael W. Smith

* In college I used my dad's old work laptop. All that really worked on it was Word. I got through college with that "dinosaur".

* After my sophmore year in college I got my first cell phone.

* For graduation I received my first ditigal camera.

* When I started working as a teacher it was the first time I had my own personal computer that went online and could write documents, although it didn't have Word.

* After getting married, my husband and I received a Mac and began to enter the Mac World!

* This year at school I began to have my kindergartners use the computers to publish some of their writing. I also now have 4 computers in my room so that I can begin to have the students use the reading software, Lexia!

* This summer I have begun my own blog so that I can share my cooking creations! I also just entered the facebook world!



I think that I have always been behind in technology. Many times it is because it is hard to keep up as well as a lot of money. I do not have an ipod or a cd player in my car. I just received a personal laptop that I share with my husband. This has been the first time in 4 years that I have internet access in my home. I am relient on my cell phone and my computer. My wishlist includes a ditigal camcorder, an ipod and a way to listen to it in my car.



I do not feel very technologically literate. I feel that I know how to do enough to get by everyday. I know how to use each piece of technology minimally but I think that it would be very important to know more. I know that I am not using these to their potential.

1 comment:

Sara Doughty said...

I loved how you began your understanding of technology through play. It makes me think how you and I can provide "tech. play" for our students in K and 1! I believe that those experiences make technology not such a scary endeavor but something that they are comfortable with and have happy memories with.